On Wednesday, May 2nd, we celebrated the two-year anniversary of RefreshMiami! When a few of us first met at a Starbuck's in South Beach on May 5th, 2006 (Brian Breslin, Chris and Rebecca Saylor, Robert Murray and I), little did we know how significantly the RefreshMiami community would impact our lives. As Brian writes on the RefreshMiami blog:
"So its been 2 years. Wow. In the last 2 years I have either met or interacted with hundreds of great people in the south florida tech community. Lots of people have gotten jobs, made friends, and had a great time. So with that in mind, I think its time we celebrate."
"It is so refreshingly unlike the dot.com days here in Miami. No suits, no VCs just flown in from the Valley, no investment bankers looking to take somebody public, no lawyers handing out cards and wanting to get in on the deals. The talk is about technology and apps and projects and what people are up to, not about shares and options and exit strategies."
If you're new to Miami and looking to meet and connect with other web entrepreneurs, developers and designers in South Florida, here's how to participate:
1) join the 220 member strong RefreshMiami Google Group for discussion on local tech issues, job postings and more;
2) join our group on Facebook;
3) if you're on LinkedIn, we just started a group there. Here's the link to join;
4) Subscribe to the RefreshMiami blog;
5) Come to our next meetup! Our next event is on May 28th in Coconut Grove ... see you there!
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference RefreshMiami turns two!:
It was such a fun gathering, and I'm excited to be part of the Miami tech community now--
Posted by: Kristen | May 7, 2008 10:19:11 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.